Holidays in Giardini Naxos - Taormina Sicily
Giardini Naxos - Taormina Travel Guide
Enjoy unforgettable holidays in Giardini Naxos
Giardini Naxos in the county of Messina is a flourishing and lively holiday resort in the close vicinity of Taormina.
Giardini Naxos was discovered for tourism 30 years ago and since that time its infrastructure has been developed and thus the village attracts a large number of tourists nowadays.
Accomodation, beaches and hospitality in Giardini Naxos
The spot supplies you with anything a holiday-maker wishes and its proximity to the old city centre of Taormina render it an excellent holiday destination.
We recommend Giardini Naxos to all those who wish to spend their holidays by the sea.
The shops which are opened till late invite you to do shopping and search for souvenirs.
Enjoy your holiday in Sicily in Giardini Naxos near Taormina.
- Hotels of all categories in Giardini Naxos, Sicily.
- Holiday flats and holiday houses for everybody in Giardini Naxos near Taormina.
- Having a swim on one of the endless beaches of Giardini Naxos!
- Recommendations for a romantic dinner on the seaside - restaurants in Giardini Naxos.
- Bars and pubs - not only for those who are passionate about a vibrant night life in Giardini.
- Public sports facilities in Giardini Naxos and Taormina, please find our hints here!
- Giardini Naxos offers an amusement park for the young and the young at heart.
- Comfortable connection to the centre of Taormina (bus timetable) and to the airport of Catania.
- Visit the gorgeous station of Taormina-Giardini Naxos (known from the film "The Godfather").
In Giardini Naxos your Sicily holidays will be unforgettable.
History of Giardini Naxos
Giardini Naxos was the first Greek colony in Sicily and has its name thanks to the Ancient Greeks (Giardini = gardens, Naxos = point of origin of the first Greek settlers) standing for the fruit gardens of Naxos. A small archeologic area reminds you of those times still today.
In the past people made their living from fishing, the cultivation of citrus fruits and handicrafts made from wrought iron.
Today tourism has become an elementary part of life in Giardini Naxos turning the village into one of the most popular and important holiday spots and spas on the east coast and of whole Sicily.
Trips, sports and leisure time in Giardini Naxos
Giardini Naxos is the ideal holiday resort for entire holidays in Sicily.
Whether young or old, in two, with the entire family or a larger group, here everyone get his money worth!
Hint! Giardini Naxos and Taormina are ultimate starting points for going on pleasing excursions in Sicily.